Google

Thursday, July 26, 2007

meaning of experience

I came across a very good example of experience that can be related to the definition of right and wrong also. I used to think that why people do their business in greedy manner. Let us take an example, whenever I saw a newspaper publishing more advertisements than the news, I used to think that how can these guys so greedy and irresponsible. People pay to read the news and these guys are selling ads, but yesterday when I was thinking about putting a web link on every outgoing mail, I started to think that I will put a very small link at some hidden sort of place on the mail. But, I did not stop there and I kept thinking about covering more and more space in a greedy manner.
Then, suddenly I found myself justifying the ideas of covering more and more space and thought that what is wrong in utilizing the space which is available. But, when others were doing this then I was reacting in a different way. What does it mean? it means that mere reading or seeing anything does not create a real experience, only when one feels with his/her own senses then it becomes a real experience.
Without this experience I would keep thinking that some people are always greedy and do the business in greedy manner. But now, I probably understand that some feelings, some patterns evolve slowly and every small feeling(greed) becomes a base for a bigger feeling(greed). But, when a person does not have the experience of a feeling at the beginning level(putting just a web link) then after experiencing the feeling at bigger level(news paper greeds), he/she may start calling people wrong. As my greed also has stages, started from a very small level i.e putting a web link and subsequently increased to cover the whole page.

Whether greedy business is right or wrong is a different matter but the exercise shows that how perspectives are created in human mind and how experiences influence the perspectives .

No comments:

Post a Comment